Skip to main content

The Beatitudes- Those who are persecuted for righteousness sake


My dear friends, it is becoming extinct for Christians to suffer physical assault or martyrdom for the sake of the gospel, but we live in a time of psychological and emotional assault for our great cause. How often do we hear people, even our closest friends and family tag us mockingly with snotty names like Borney [Born-again], spirikoko, Holy Holy, Virgin Mary e.t.c? In most cases, our loved ones mean these things on a lighter note, but then some others out rightly jeer at us to make a laugh of it because we do those things that are right by allowing your soul to be filled by His righteousness. This can make us feel bad or lose focus, but I want you to know these things are inevitable in the kingdom of God. Find comfort in hearing what our Lord has eternally said concerning this: “You are blessed when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you” [Matt V:11-12]. Just so we can be clear I want to exclaim one part again: “REJOICE AND BE GLAD!!!”. This is the winning attitude you need to put up the next time someone makes fun of your answer to your vocation to serve God in all righteousness. Laugh about it and be happy because that’s the way we roll in the kingdom of Heaven.

Permit me to speak to your hearts concerning the persecution that comes from practicing, in all sincerity, the righteousness of God towards a loved one. This is the pain that is experienced by a loving wife from an uncaring husband. I want to also clearly state that marriage is not the only condition that would make legit the reality of this affliction. It is the same pain a heartbroken lover feels when someone they have dedicated their life to love turns around and judges them or leaves them to suffer, depressed in a very dark place, despite promises to always fight together no matter the weather. The truth is they don’t always know the damage they cause because we humans have no proof for the magnitude of other people’s love for us. In contemplation, if you understand a bit about human love, you will understand that it enslaves a soul when it is real, a bit like how God’s Love enslaves us. And because real love is a spark of Divine Love, it is not just a kingdom of beauty and roses but suffering and pain, which are quintessential to its edification. Surviving these things make love stronger. Surviving the hurt make us stronger. 

To you who suffer for doing right by those you love, I want you to know what illuminated my heart some time ago. As I realised my efforts were not for my own gains but to the glory of God, I got to see that “God is pleased when, conscious of his will, you patiently endure unjust treatment. For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example and you must follow in his steps” [1 Pet. II:19,21; NLT]. He loved us to the point of dying for us even when we did not love him. Just as his death was required for the glory of the resurrection, so also the cross you bear would bring about the glory of your transformation. Follow the footsteps of our Lord and walk into the Light of a resurrected spirit-man. The kingdom of God is not only a kingdom of many and abundance, it is a kingdom whose ruler has overthrown the rulers of the world with a symbol of suffering [cf. John XII:31-33]. By himself being lifted up from the earth he ushered a new kingdom for those who would follow him to be lifted up in a similar manner. May God help us to realise that we are already blessed when we have an opportunity to suffer for righteousness sake in our call to Love God and love those he has given to us. May we rejoice and be glad in an attitude of unshakable joy because the promises of the kingdom is ever present in us. Shalom!


“O the blessedness of those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” [Matt. V:10]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LETTER TO MY UNBORN CHILD continues. Read on...

  The story continues... In life we seek to hear from God, a sign as the Jews sought for in the days of the prophets, yet when we are presented by these signs we are too blinded by our own fears and doubts that we fail to see the handwriting on the wall. Such a beauty it was to have seen God touch down on earth to complicate our lives by giving us blessings disguised in the form of crosses that we can bear. Such a jolly it would have been to face the world   bearing each others crosses and atoning for our sins as well as the sins of many by diligently going through life with the burden of an "unexpected" pregnancy. Yes "unexpected" is the word and not unwanted because I know how much I wanted you. I know how much I always wondered if I would ever have you. I know how many dreams I had hoped would come true when you came and I would have lived up to expectations as a father and husband. I prayed for a day you would come but I never expected you to come so so

LETTER TO MY UNBORN CHILD. I hope you like my post. Its inspired by true events around me. Please comment and share. Thank You

July 4, 2013 Dear Junior,     You might never know it my dear son but I've never been more proud of anything I've ever owned in my life than I was at the thought of having you. I had dreams for many years past for a day that would come when I would have to look into those little eyes, the very replica of mine, and your lips, cuddling you so tight as though if I were to leave you for a split second my life would suddenly have less meaning than it did before finding you. I guess its the dream all great father's have: to see their first born son come into life.   I want to write this letter to you to make you understand how much we, I and your mother, know you. We love you very much and we have felt your existence in our lives more than anything we have come to appreciate today. You have been a big part of our life and your coming has opened our world to new horizons. I bet you wonder why its Junior I call you my dear and I would tell you it is your name. I ha

The Seven Deadly Sins (The Fox's Sin of Greed)

Ban was the man. Undead Ban, as he was popularly called in Nanatsu no Taizai, was a bandit who stole water from the fountain of life. This guy's greed made him covet a drink that would curse him with immortality, the inability to die despite being killed. This left an endless void in his soul because he could never die to be with his beloved Elaine on the other side. Damn I love cartoons fantasies so much!!! Moving forward, this evening's healing process is to pick on my Sin of Greed. "I want the money, cars and the clothes, the h**s, I suppose... I just wanna be successful". I wish he got that right about success. That song just fueled the desire to want more of the very things I had enough of. You see God is sufficient for each and every one of our souls. If he can provide for the birds that do not reap or sow, are we not much more valuable than these birds? (cf. Matt VI:26). I remember how often I kept hearing God speak in a soft strong tone through his child