Skip to main content

The Beatitude - The Peacemakers



Dear Friends, if you would lend me your ears let me tell you a not so spoken tale of so great a man called Socrates. Have you heard of how he had a wife that was the most difficult of women to live with? Of how well he managed to cope with her excesses? Of how where most men would have lost it in many occasions he was able to endure? I have never heard such a humiliating story about one of the wisest men to have ever walked the earth. Xanthippe was described as “the hardest of women to get along with of all the women”. Socrates adds that he chose her because of her argumentative Spirit: “It is an example of the rider who wishes to be an expert horseman…the horse for me to own must show some spirit… if he can manage such an animal, it will be easy to deal with every other horse besides. And that is just my case. I wish to deal with human beings, to associate with man in general; hence my choice of wife. I know full well, if I can tolerate her spirit, I can with ease attach myself to every human being else”. There was an episode where Xanthippe was so enraged with her husband, that she took a chamber pot and poured it over Socrates' head, which -as the tale said- the man accepted with the famous parable: “After thunder comes the rain.” Only a saint could have lived with a woman like that. Lol!

I believe we all have a Xanthippe in our lives. It might be a spouse, a parent, a sibling or even a friend whose actions teach us self-control. There are times we hate these people but then we bring ourselves back to loving them because every time we do we grow in a particular virtue. The fact we can love them beyond their flaws makes us feel superhuman. They give us a different perspective of people around us because we know we’ve tolerated worse at home and still love so we can do our best to sow those seeds of love when we we are away from home. I have loved a wild woman once and yes it makes my heart skip a beat just smiling at the fact I still do. That spirit is so engaging. Lol!

I did an awesome piece on the Peacemakers earlier. There's so much good stuff in that post that awes me every time I open it. Do look it up in this link The Coming of the Sons of God. The peacemakers are not people who are incapable of feeling emotions. They are people who have risen above the powers of demons on their emotions. Just like Angelic sons of God, these ones continuously wage the war against the plots of the devil. They frustrate his efforts to increase anger and chaos in their lives and the lives of all who they come across. All of creation awaits the coming of these ones and come we must. In this spiritual warfare, let us join with the host of angels in heaven who battle the princes and powers of this life, by fight against the host of hell on earth, standing firm in our different walks of life for the common good of all humanity. Let us not forget that we cannot "make the peace" of others if we have not defeated our own inner demons and won the peace of mind in our souls. Together let us bring the blessedness that guarantees people will call us “Sons” for indeed we are sons of Light... sons of the Spirit... sons of peace…o yes! We are Sons of God.


“O the blessedness of the peacemakers, for they shall be called the Sons of God” [MattV:9]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LETTER TO MY UNBORN CHILD continues. Read on...

  The story continues... In life we seek to hear from God, a sign as the Jews sought for in the days of the prophets, yet when we are presented by these signs we are too blinded by our own fears and doubts that we fail to see the handwriting on the wall. Such a beauty it was to have seen God touch down on earth to complicate our lives by giving us blessings disguised in the form of crosses that we can bear. Such a jolly it would have been to face the world   bearing each others crosses and atoning for our sins as well as the sins of many by diligently going through life with the burden of an "unexpected" pregnancy. Yes "unexpected" is the word and not unwanted because I know how much I wanted you. I know how much I always wondered if I would ever have you. I know how many dreams I had hoped would come true when you came and I would have lived up to expectations as a father and husband. I prayed for a day you would come but I never expected you to come so so

LETTER TO MY UNBORN CHILD. I hope you like my post. Its inspired by true events around me. Please comment and share. Thank You

July 4, 2013 Dear Junior,     You might never know it my dear son but I've never been more proud of anything I've ever owned in my life than I was at the thought of having you. I had dreams for many years past for a day that would come when I would have to look into those little eyes, the very replica of mine, and your lips, cuddling you so tight as though if I were to leave you for a split second my life would suddenly have less meaning than it did before finding you. I guess its the dream all great father's have: to see their first born son come into life.   I want to write this letter to you to make you understand how much we, I and your mother, know you. We love you very much and we have felt your existence in our lives more than anything we have come to appreciate today. You have been a big part of our life and your coming has opened our world to new horizons. I bet you wonder why its Junior I call you my dear and I would tell you it is your name. I ha

The Seven Deadly Sins (The Fox's Sin of Greed)

Ban was the man. Undead Ban, as he was popularly called in Nanatsu no Taizai, was a bandit who stole water from the fountain of life. This guy's greed made him covet a drink that would curse him with immortality, the inability to die despite being killed. This left an endless void in his soul because he could never die to be with his beloved Elaine on the other side. Damn I love cartoons fantasies so much!!! Moving forward, this evening's healing process is to pick on my Sin of Greed. "I want the money, cars and the clothes, the h**s, I suppose... I just wanna be successful". I wish he got that right about success. That song just fueled the desire to want more of the very things I had enough of. You see God is sufficient for each and every one of our souls. If he can provide for the birds that do not reap or sow, are we not much more valuable than these birds? (cf. Matt VI:26). I remember how often I kept hearing God speak in a soft strong tone through his child