Skip to main content

The Beatitudes- The Pure in Heart


I am not worthy to write to you concerning these mysteries of those who are as pure as the Angels, for my soul has been unable to reach such heights as to see the Almighty in very recent times. However, out the wisdom of my heart, permit me to share my fleeting insights concerning so great a beatitude, as one who is but a child trying to share an understanding with his friends about things we must all know to live as we ought to in these trying times.

How great it would be to see God? These words from our Lord guarantee us that on earth there are some who live in so great a blessedness that like the great patriarchs of old, Moses and Abraham, they also see God as He is in their living flesh. “O the blessedness of the pure in heart, for they shall see God” [Matt V:8]. I will neither go into spiritual visions and gifts, nor if you think you’re going to hear me say anything about sexual purity, you will be disappointed. It’s “pure in heart”, not pure in mind/body. So, don’t you dare be silly. Lol!

To be pure in heart is better understood in terms of fine metal. For gold to be pure it must be pruned in the fire. Mathematically:
GOLD = HEART = SPIRIT SOUL (Mind/Emotions)
Our hearts are that gold and the heart is our spirits not the emotions we think/feel when things happen to us [this is a mystery]. In passing through the fire all impurities are left out and all that is left is fine gold, worth every weight of its percentage purity. It follows that God can only be seen to the percentage purity of our golden heart. Bear in mind that God keeps it 100, so anything below 99.9% would be too impure to see him (though you might feel him occasionally).

If you're wondering what we must do to have a pure heart, rest assured we can do ALMOST NOTHING by ourselves, for man is incapable of perfection in himself. God, and Him alone, is the only One who can make our hearts pure. Every day of our life, we pass through the fires of our purification: in our moment of pains, suffering, lack, depressions, anxiety and uncertainty. These things will test and refine us. We must not give in to the despair but we must continue to build our spirits to the point of transparency and purity. We must question ourselves daily. We must ask “how pure am I”? And if we discover we’re not as transparent, honest, and uncompromising in our desire to be with God, let’s be quick to make our requests like the Psalmist because in the end we know that He will always give us the grace to be pure by the sacrifice of His Son and through His sanctifying work in our lives.

“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me” [Psalm LI:10].



PS-  I have dedicated this post to a special friend Helen Oge, and other special people I know who relentlessly spur me to realise that the things I say are not only for me, and so I must keep at fulfiling my little role of writer in the eternal story of salvation our Lord has called us all to. I have tried to make it short Helen and I hope it's still as meaningful as my heart sees all I wish to share. Thank you so much guys for the encouragement

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LETTER TO MY UNBORN CHILD continues. Read on...

  The story continues... In life we seek to hear from God, a sign as the Jews sought for in the days of the prophets, yet when we are presented by these signs we are too blinded by our own fears and doubts that we fail to see the handwriting on the wall. Such a beauty it was to have seen God touch down on earth to complicate our lives by giving us blessings disguised in the form of crosses that we can bear. Such a jolly it would have been to face the world   bearing each others crosses and atoning for our sins as well as the sins of many by diligently going through life with the burden of an "unexpected" pregnancy. Yes "unexpected" is the word and not unwanted because I know how much I wanted you. I know how much I always wondered if I would ever have you. I know how many dreams I had hoped would come true when you came and I would have lived up to expectations as a father and husband. I prayed for a day you would come but I never expected you to come so so

LETTER TO MY UNBORN CHILD. I hope you like my post. Its inspired by true events around me. Please comment and share. Thank You

July 4, 2013 Dear Junior,     You might never know it my dear son but I've never been more proud of anything I've ever owned in my life than I was at the thought of having you. I had dreams for many years past for a day that would come when I would have to look into those little eyes, the very replica of mine, and your lips, cuddling you so tight as though if I were to leave you for a split second my life would suddenly have less meaning than it did before finding you. I guess its the dream all great father's have: to see their first born son come into life.   I want to write this letter to you to make you understand how much we, I and your mother, know you. We love you very much and we have felt your existence in our lives more than anything we have come to appreciate today. You have been a big part of our life and your coming has opened our world to new horizons. I bet you wonder why its Junior I call you my dear and I would tell you it is your name. I ha

The Seven Deadly Sins (The Fox's Sin of Greed)

Ban was the man. Undead Ban, as he was popularly called in Nanatsu no Taizai, was a bandit who stole water from the fountain of life. This guy's greed made him covet a drink that would curse him with immortality, the inability to die despite being killed. This left an endless void in his soul because he could never die to be with his beloved Elaine on the other side. Damn I love cartoons fantasies so much!!! Moving forward, this evening's healing process is to pick on my Sin of Greed. "I want the money, cars and the clothes, the h**s, I suppose... I just wanna be successful". I wish he got that right about success. That song just fueled the desire to want more of the very things I had enough of. You see God is sufficient for each and every one of our souls. If he can provide for the birds that do not reap or sow, are we not much more valuable than these birds? (cf. Matt VI:26). I remember how often I kept hearing God speak in a soft strong tone through his child